Dawn Colclasure's Blog

Author and poet Dawn Colclasure

Saturday, May 03, 2014

Book Two in The GHOST Group series is now available!






When it comes to a series, readers can usually look forward to one book in the series coming out each year. Last year, the first book in my middle-grade paranormal mystery series, The GHOST Group, was published. And now the second book has just been released by Gypsy Shadow Publishing! Yippee!!

In this book, there are stories 3 and 4. The third story, The Ghost of the Irish Setter, was written for St. Patrick’s Day. In the the fourth story, The Ghost of the Missing Hiker, my characters play jokes and pranks on each other for April Fool’s Day! There’s even a ghost in this story who decides to get in on the joke-playing fun.

I am very excited about the release of this book. The stories were fun to research as well as write!

I got the idea for “The Ghost of the Irish Setter” years ago when I came across the carcass of a dead dog in the street. This dog was not an Irish Setter, but something about this poor dog’s neglected body had me thinking, This is a story. The story I ended up writing could not, of course, be what that poor dog must’ve gone through, but I wrote this story because I felt it was important to show that a dog’s spirit would not be at rest if its body was left neglected – just like with people. Thankfully, someone DID finally collect the carcass and hopefully dispose of it more properly, so I am grateful for that. I also wanted this story to show how our animal friends are still with us even after they pass away. I strongly believe this to be true. My dog visits my dreams sometimes and it’s always a comfort to see him again, even if it’s just in a dream.

I was inspired to write “The Ghost of the Missing Hiker” ever since I saw the book, Haunted Hikes of New Hampshire. I just saw that book and thought, Hm, what kind of hiking-related ghost stories could there be? I did not dare read this book yet, because I didn’t want it to influence me in any way, but I eventually came up with a story of a hiker who suffered a fatal fall during a hike. I have read many such stories in the news, so I felt this could likely happen. I also wanted to show how sometimes, we don’t know we’re dead, so we end up “stuck” in a place and unable to cross over. This is what happened in the hiker’s case. I also felt it was time for my character, Jenny, to come to terms with her abilities as a sensitive and open up to her friends about how she sees and hears things that other people can’t.

Needless to say, the stories prove that the GHOST Group can help the ghosts of both people and animals!

I hope that readers enjoy this book. Thank you to Denise Bartlett and Charlotte Holley of Gypsy Shadow Publishing for their support, guidance and dedication in getting this e-book published!

Like the first book, this one is only available as an e-book. But later in the year, stories 1-4 will go into a print book.

Meanwhile, I’m busy getting stories 5 and 6 ready for next year.



BLURB:

There’s something different about Sarah Town. It’s brimming with ghosts – and some of those ghosts need help! That’s where the GHOST Group comes in – the Ghost Helpers of Sarah Town. The GHOST Group is made up of five 11-year-old team members: Jesse, Jenny, Ryan, Trent, and Cassie.

The Ghost of the Irish Setter is a “ghost dog” story where team member Jesse must come to terms with losing his dog, Lolly, after she ran away. A ghost dog that is an Irish setter seeks Jesse’s help, but when the rest of the GHOST Group join the case, it becomes a matter of life or death after Cassie and Ryan are kidnapped! Can the GHOST Group help the ghost dog? And can Jesse find out what really happened to Lolly?

In The Ghost of the Missing Hiker, a day of April Fool’s hijinks turn into another mystery for the GHOST Group. Meanwhile, the group's helper ghost, Adam, has some bad news for the team, and Jenny realizes she must accept her special gift and learn how to use it so she can help other ghosts in Sarah Town.


Buy link

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home